Life Support Concession
The Life Support Concession assists customers who require the use of specific life support machines in their home. The concession provides a discount that is equivalent up to the value of 1,880 kWh of electricity per year.
Who is eligible?
The electricity account holder must hold a valid concession card. This may include:
- Pensioner Concession Cards issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Health Care Cards issued by Centrelink
- Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Repatriation Health Cards
In addition to this, the concession is only available for the following types of life support machines:
- Oxygen concentrators
- Haemodialysis machines
- Intermittent peritoneal dialysis machines
- Other machines as approved by the supervising officer at the Department of Human Services.
The Life Support Concession is not available to customers who have an eligible machine but do not hold an eligible concession card.
Either you or a permanent member of your household must be the user of the eligible life support machine in order to qualify for this concession.
Following are some types of machines that are not eligible for the Life Support Concession as they consume low levels of electricity:
- Continuous Positive Airways Pressure machines (CPAP machines)
- Bi-Pap machines
- Ventolin nebulisers
How to apply
To apply for this concession, you must complete a Life Support Concessions Application Form which has been certified by your medical practitioner or a medical staff member at the hospital that issued the life support machine.
Please send your completed form to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Pacific Hydro Retail Pty Ltd, Retail Operations, Level 11/474 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Fax: (03) 8621 6112
Application forms for any life support machines other than those listed above should be forwarded to the Department of Human Services’ Concessions Unit for assessment:
Department of Human Services
GPO Box 4057
Melbourne VIC 3001